Since the founding of the Academy in 1996, more than eighty students have successfully completed an internship with us and learned what transatlantic education is and how it is organized.
Interning at the Academy offers an interesting variety of tasks; ranging from physical and mental work, to scientific research and seminar planning. An internship with us offers numerous opportunities to build up your network, to get to know scholars in the political and cultural fields, and to expand your horizons. Previous knowledge about the US is helpful, but not necessary. However, you can expect to learn a lot about the US and international relations in a position at the academy.
An internship at the Atlantic Academy usually entails a work week of 39 hours. However, by arrangement, a part-time internship is also possible. The duration of the internship should be at minimum six weeks, so that participants can gain a comprehensive insight into our work. We also pay trainees who are studying 75.00 Euros per week.
NOTE: Due to the regulations on the minimum wage for trainees applicable since 1 January 2015, the Atlantic Academy may offer internships in the form of:
- Compulsory internships within the framework of school, training or study at most beyond the duration specified in the study regulations
- Voluntary internships accompanying study or training up to three months (ONLY if there has not previously been an internship with the Atlantic Academy)
- Voluntary internships for up to three months, which serve as a career guide
- Entry qualifications according to § 54 a of the Third Social Code or
- Anyone under 18 years without a professional qualification.
If you are interested in interning with us, please send us your application including details of your studies, interests/hobbies, abilities and experience as well as your desired timeframe for the internship; a CV should also be included. You can send your application documents via e-mail or mail to the Director of the Atlantic Academy, Dr. Sirakov:
Atlantische Akademie Rheinland-Pfalz e.V.
Dr. David Sirakov
Here you can find some advice and helpful suggestions for your application and the supporting documents. The Abiturzeugnis is not required, however, the curriculum vitae is an integral part of your application. (Information from the University of Münster).